Thursday 17 April 2014

Debenhams? Really?

Last week a girlfriend and I spent the afternoon wandering up and down Oxford Street in search of things to add to our wardrobes. Walking by Debenhams we did a double take as their window display was filled with lots of beautiful things for the home. Surprised, we had to take a closer look and were shocked (in a good way) by what we found. Not only has doyenne of interiors Abigail Ahern designed a range of quirky lamps, cushions, candle holders and trinkets, but they are stocking Scandinavian goodies from Bloomingville and their own brand is full of desirable bits to make you part with your money. Here's the top 10 of what we wanted.
Pineapple Pot £26
I love pointless pineapple ornaments and always check eBay for mid-century originals. This little pot will happily house some jewellery or paperclips on a desk and looks far more expensive than £26.
Bronze apples and pears £15
More pointless fruit for storing little things. These would look great in a trio on my bookshelf.

Ben de Lisi Fruit Bowl
I'm not a huge fan of the fruit bowl but this graphic orange metal one would look superb on my kitchen counter.
Bronze Candle Holder £36
What a wonderful centre piece this would make for my dining table with some pale grey candles. Both my friend and I almost bought this and I think I may have to go back this weekend to pick it up. 

Copper Lamp £206 Bloomingville
I clearly have a love affair going on with copper! These lamps are simply stunning, perfect for a desk or side table.
Copper Light £169 Bloomingville

Sadly my photo doesn't do this light fitting justice. I have a real problem with lighting for my home, finding it either cheap and nasty or crazily expensive. This beautiful piece is incredibly priced and this weekend the boyfriend will be measuring it up to go in our spare bedroom.
Tealight holders £7 Bloomingville

These tealight holders in the thinest china would make an inexpensive gift or are a simple way to add some colour to your home.
Denim Cushion £42 Bloomingville

Seeing this chic denim cushion has given me an idea of what to do with my old denim skirt!
Bison Head £75 Abigail Ahern|EDITION

Made from a rich chocolate brown felt this bison head is bonkers but in a good way!
Hare Lamp £85 Abigail Ahern|EDITION
One of these cuties made it home with my friend and now lives atop her sideboard. His giant feet and cute pink lamp make it a fun edition to any home, not just a kids bedroom.
Giraffe £18 Ben de Lisi Home

And one extra for luck! This ceramic giraffe; completely pointless but oh so cool.

And for Easter Debenhams is offering 20% off homewares, so go forth and buy!





































No comments:

Post a Comment