Thursday 27 August 2015

Beauty: Tips From The Pros - Alice Theobald



Alice Theobald is one of the loveliest hair and make up artists I've had the pleasure of working with. Plus she has the most infectious laugh ever! After graduating from The London College of Fashion Alice has enjoyed a meteoric rise within the industry working with super models, celebrities and royalty. Her impressive client list includes Princess Beatrice of York, Jodie Kidd and Lindsay Lohan to name a few. She has worked for titles including Vogue China, The Sunday Times Style and Red. Alice also regularly works on a number of well loved TV shows including Strictly Come Dancing, Lorraine and The Graham Norton Show. Alice has kindly agreed to share her industry insider top tips with Sunshine & Stripes. Take it away Alice!

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation £36.50 BUY HERE


My must have foundation is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I love its versatility!  Sometimes I mix it with ARK Maintain Replenishing Moisturiser for a sheer natural finish, or I simply apply it straight from the pump to the face.  There is a wide colour range which is perfect for my clientele. 

MAC Studio Finish SPF35 Concealor £15.50 BUY HERE


I have lots of concealors in my kit, however I always go back to MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealor. You can build it up for total coverage or blend it out for a more subtle finish. 

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish £24 BUY HERE


I love a sheen to my powders and MAC do a great Mineralize range which provides this. I need the skin to look fresh not caked and this delivers! 

Clinique Contouring Palette £28 BUY HERE

When it comes to blusher I am loving Clinique's contouring palette in defining nudes. I use the lightest tone to highlight the cheek bone, the darkest shade to sculpt and the peachy tone on the apple of the cheek for a summery glow.

ARK Skin Protector SPF30 Primer £36 BUY HERE


I love ARK Skin Protector SPF30 primer. It is suitable for all skin types and ages. It lightly moisturises the skin, protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays to prevent premature ageing and creates a good base for makeup.

Essie Nail Polish £7.99 BUY HERE

For colour choice and salon quality, I always choose Essie for nails. I especially rate the all-in-one 3 way, which acts as a primer, top coat and strengthener.

Kiehl's Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak £25 BUY HERE


For hair to look it's best I believe it has to be nourished with great shampoo and conditioner specific to your hair type. I use Kerastase Bain Oleo Relax and Kiehl's Sunflower Deep Recovery Pak to revitalise my locks. When your hair is in great shape the styling is much easier.

ARK Nourishing Body Lotion £19.50 BUY HERE

Body product wise the ARK Nourishing Body Lotion is my hands down favourite, I couldn’t live without it. It contains shea butter, coconut oil, sea oak and silk proteins to soothe dry or sensitive skin. I use it on photo shoots to give skin a beautiful sheen.

ARK Plumping Lip Balm £19.50 BUY HERE

I love ARK plumping lip balm. It's a great base for any lip makeup and great for guys as it doesn't leave a shiny finish. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara £19.50 BUY HERE

Benefit's They're Real Mascara, is my current favourite as it lengthens, separates and adds volume due to the specially designed wand.

Lalique White £69 BUY HERE

As a makeup artist smelling fresh is essential so I couldn't live without perfume. I have a small collection which I use to enhance my mood. I'm currently spritzing Lalique White which is fresh, floral but with a hint of musk. 



For any hair and make-up lessons, bookings for events or wedding packages please go to www.wonderlandhairandmake-up.co.uk or email atwonderland@icloud.com joy@joygoodman.com @Alice_Theobald


Images: John Lewis, Boots, Liberty, ARK

No comments:

Post a Comment